The EYFS covers children from birth to 31st August following their fifth birthday. It aims to help young children achieve the five ‘Every Child Matters (ECM)’ outcomes, which are: Staying Safe; Being Healthy; Enjoying and Achieving; Making a Positive Contribution; and Achieving Economic Well Being.
To find out more about the EYFS see www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs.
We are graded as Outstanding
The nursery is registered with OFSTED, the government body that regulates education, including children’s nurseries. You will find our most recent Ofsted Inspection Report located below, we are immensely proud that we received an Ofsted OUTSTANDING grading at our most recent inspection in July 2013.
My Montessori child can be accessed via a computer (search ‘my montessori child parent login’) or a mobile device (The My Montessori Child app can be downloaded from Apple Store or Play Store). The nursery will supply parents with individual log-in details.
· Teachers regularly record day to day observations and photographs of each child
· Teachers add comments and other notes to their observations
· Parents can view, comment on and contribute to the learning journal by
uploading their own pictures, for example the system can give parents ideas for things to do at home with their child
· Via the system, parents can access expert advice on Montessori and Early
· Years Education and Teachers can compile reports for parents as necessary
You will love it!
My Montessori Child enables teachers to record observations of children’s activities in a manner that’s faithful to Dr Montessori’s method, principles and values. The system automatically uses those observations to track Montessori progress, to generate statutory reports on child development, to support teacher planning, and to facilitate parent-teacher collaboration in furthering a child’s progress.
The ultimate beneficiaries of the system are the children, for several reasons:
- Teachers spend less time on record-keeping, giving them more face-to-face time with the children
- Teachers receive deep and comprehensive insights on how to support each child’s unique learning journey
- Parents are shown how to offer complementary learning opportunities to the children when they’re at home.
My Montessori Child operates securely in the cloud and it is now in widespread use in schools across England and Wales, and increasingly in the USA and Europe.